I have lots of favorite supplements and ingredients that have proven to be amazing over the years and I can’t wait to share them with you. Check back regularly for updated posts. Or if you have a specific question, CONTACT ME or email me at Supplements@YourTopLife.com .
Turmeric is best known as a powerful natural anti-inflammatory, but its power doesn’t stop there. It also has been shown to:
- Provide antioxidant and cell protection
- Support brain/neuronal health and a healthy mood
- Reduce pain associated with arthritis, and aches and pains experienced after exercise
- Inhibit unhealthy cell growth
- Support the immune system and healthy microbiomes (good bacteria)
- Assist in regulating the immune system in patients with autoimmunity
My favorite turmeric supplement is BCM-95, which is a 100% pure turmeric extract standardized to curcumin, demethyoxycurcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin, and essential oils of turmeric rhizome. It’s been studied extensively and gives excellent clinical results without the use of additives, carriers, or bio-enhancers.
I also like to use turmeric in a controlled-release form for some patients, or in a liquid form for those who prefer to not take as many capsules or pills.
Resveratrol is found in the skin of red grapes and in large part is the reason why red wine has been touted as being so healthy. But before you reach for the bottle of merlot, you can skip the alcohol and sulfites that aren’t beneficial and instead get a concentrated dose of resveratrol in supplement form.
There are many benefits to resveratrol, and to date there are over 3,000 research studies on its effectiveness. Benefits include:
- Neutralization of free radicals and slowing the development of damaging AGE proteins that can lead to cellular aging
- Reduced inflammation within the cardiovascular system, which in turn leads to a decreased risk of heart disease and stroke
- Protection and repair of cellular DNA which is important in the prevention and treatment of problems that range from premature aging to cancers
- Lower rate of telomere shortening (telomere shortening is connected with increased incidence of diseases such as cancer and shorter life spans in general)
- Preventative against insulin resistance, diabetes, and diseases associated with obesity
ch-OSA® , or choline-stabilized orthosilicic acid, is a highly absorbable collagen generator, which has been researched for decades and proven effective in clinical studies.
Why should you care about generating collagen? Here are a few reasons: collagen production correlates with healthy bones; pliable, youthful joints; strong hair and nails; and youthful skin.
You should consider supplementing with ch-OSA® if you want to:
- Increase bone density
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Thicken and strengthen hair
- Strengthen nails
- Increase flexibility and health of joints
And now you know why it’s on My Favorites page.
You can take this supplement with synergistic ingredients such as Vitamin D3, calcium in the form of microcrystalline hydroxyapatite concentrate (MCHC), and biotin to enhance the desired effects.
Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite Concentrate (MCHC) is my go-to for bone density support instead of calcium alone. It contains:
- Highly absorbable crystalline calcium and phosphorus in the ideal 2:1 physiological ratio
- Bioactive growth factors
- Type I collagen
- Amino acids
- A broad range of essential trace elements
These ingredients found in bone make MCHC an ideal “bone food,” proven to support bone mineral density and bone growth in decades of scientific studies.