Turmeric is best known as a powerful natural anti-inflammatory, but its power doesn’t stop there. It also has been shown to:
- Provide antioxidant and cell protection
- Support brain/neuronal health and a healthy mood
- Reduce pain associated with arthritis, and aches and pains experienced after exercise
- Inhibit unhealthy cell growth
- Support the immune system and healthy microbiomes (good bacteria)
- Assist in regulating the immune system in patients with autoimmunity
My favorite turmeric supplement is BCM-95, which is a 100% pure turmeric extract standardized to curcumin, demethyoxycurcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin, and essential oils of turmeric rhizome. It’s been studied extensively and gives excellent clinical results without the use of additives, carriers, or bio-enhancers.
I also like to use turmeric in a controlled-release form for some patients, or in a liquid form for those who prefer to not take as many capsules or pills.